Areca Palm 4”
Regular price $10.00
Shipping calculated at checkout. Local pick-up available.
4” Nursery Pot
- Do best with mostly sunny bright light exposure from a south or west facing window.
- Also does well in direct sunlight. However, watch for leaves scorching as the plant may be getting too much light.
- Keep away from cold windows, air conditioners and heat sources.
- Areca palms are sensitive to overwatering and cannot tolerate being waterlogged or sitting in a water-saturated pot.
- Let the soil dry out slightly between waterings.
- This plant is sensitive to minerals and fluoride in water so use distilled water or collected rainwater when watering.
- High humidity is best but the plant will acclimate to normal room humidity, but if the air is too dry, it is common for the leaf tips to turn brown.
Never prune off the brown tips of your palm fronds unless the frond is dead. Clipping brown tips might cause frond growth to cease.
- Pot with drainage is preferred.
- This plant likes a tight pot, pick one the same size as the nursery pot.
- When potting, be careful not to damage the root ball or bury the palm too deep.
- Liquid fertilizer is strongly recommended during growing season.
- Frequent repotting is not required.